COLUMBUS, OHIO, May 12, 2021. MedCare Ambulance, a non-profit, hospital-sponsored ambulance organization, will enhance dedicated 911 resources in Marion County, OH, residents in July 2021. This arrangement will increase availability and enhance patient transportation options for Marion County residents. MedCare will be collaborating with community leaders to provide progressive, high-quality services to the community as a partner with other county EMS providers.
According to Vice President of EMS Services for MedCare, Shannon Gollnick, “MedCare is on a path to be a national leader in ambulance transportation. By dedicating 911 resources to Marion County, the community should see an increase in quality and dependability as we team up with other existing quality providers.”
“MedCare welcomes the opportunity to provide dedicated, supplemental 911 services to the residents of Marion County. We believe the community will be pleased with our transparent approach to EMS operations and partnership with community EMS leaders”, said Michael Perkins, Chief Operating Officer for MedFlight & MedCare Ambulance.
County officials will contract with MedCare while monitoring key performance metrics to ensure a high-quality 911 delivery system.
Highlights of the agreement:
– MedCare is committed to ensuring clinical excellence.
– MedCare will deploy a 24/7/365 Basic Life Support (BLS) ambulance in Marion County.
– MedCare will deploy a 24/7/365 Advanced Life Support resource utilizing a Quick Response Vehicle (QRV). This vehicle will be staffed by a Paramedic and will complement the BLS crew.
– MedCare will respond to Marion County Sheriff’s Department requests while working with communication representatives to enhance the dispatching and reporting processes.
– MedCare will be active participants in the clinical oversight, review, and continuous quality improvement process as it relates to Marion County transports.
– A Quality Improvement Process will be incorporated into Marion County operations with the intent to improve the health outcomes for the citizens.
Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics can apply for these Marion County employment opportunities at
MedCare Ambulance was formed in 2010 to meet the needs of OhioHealth and The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Since that time, MedCare has grown to be one of the largest non-profit, hospital-sponsored emergency medical service providers in the state of Ohio. In 2013, MedCare expanded its footprint by adding Adena Health System as an affiliate partner. Currently, MedCare serves Ohio with 74 ground ambulances.
In March of 2020, MedFlight took full financial and operational control of MedCare Ambulance with the vision of providing excellent medical transport solutions by aligning MedFlight and MedCare.
With strong roots in healthcare, MedCare Ambulance is certain that the same level of clinical quality will be extended to the residents of Marion County.
For more information contact:
Vice President of Development
MedFlight/ MedCare Ambulance