Ohio winters can be quite cold. Please consider these tips to remain warm and safe.
- Please exercise an increased caution in your endeavors while outside.
- Make sure you are adequately dressed and prepared for the worst.
- Be careful when outside to keep your body covered to avoid exposure and the formation of frostbite
- Consider keeping your coats on even while traveling in your vehicles
- If you are traveling:
- consider having personal survival kits in your vehicles
- Make sure you have adequate fuel and supplies should you breakdown or have a problem.
- You may want to consider fuel additives to prevent mechanical issues caused by condensation
- Make sure you battery has been tested and able to withstand the cold
- Make sure your cell phones are charged and available should you need to call for help
- At work:
- For helicopter crews, remember to wear natural fibers under your Nomex, and we recommend several layers.
- When traveling to different locations use well-traveled routes and not back roads or cross country. This goes for air and ground operations.
Stay safe and stay warm!
Tom Allenstein, President/CEO of MedFlight